Hello from s.w. Kansas

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a 12ftX 21ft figure eight shaped pond about three and a half feet deep. I have an older fishmate gravity UV biofilter with 30watt uv, a hy-drive 4800 pump in a skimmer feeding both the filter and a waterfall at the other end of the pond. My Uv quit on my last summer and my water turned green, so I'm thinking of upgrading my filter system. I'm open to all ideas on upgrades. A couple of things I'm interested in is adding a bottom drain, and maybe hiding the filter system under my back deck Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would it be a retro fit bottom drain? or are you tearing down your pond to plumb one in?

I used retro fit in my arizona pond and it worked well.
Hiding filter systems always helps, makes it look a lot nicer.

Post some pictures that always helps us help you.

And welcome.

Reaction score
I'm thinking a retro drain for now just to make it easy to install, but I might change my mind. I had pictures of my pond from rooftop, but my computer is hiding them from me. I forgt to mention I have water lillys and cattails and a very heavy fish load. Probobly about 70 goldfish most between four and eight inchs in length

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
trainwelcome.gif
GAYLER

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just pick them up all over the internet. Lots of them on Photobucket and if you just type into search looking for a specific one sometimes you can find some good ones. Or you can type in animated gifs and some sites have tons all organized.
biggrin.gif

If one wanted to start a collection you can just right click on any gif and choose save as and put it on your computer and if you have a photobucket account (free) you can transfer them there and keep them all organized yourself
smiley-bounce016.gif

Ask a Question