Hello from Smoky Mountains

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a - Arlington, VA
Welcome and you certainly have a lovely pond there. I admire your restraint in not overfilling it with plants like I have!

Quick question on the Indiana Lily. I know they're supposed to be on the dwarf side and that looks like it is staying smallish. Can you tell me how big the leaves have gotten and an estimate of the total spread/width of the plant on the pond's surface?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Great idea and I may use it .Thank you ,we all learn something new everyday .:)Would love the pic .I have some old deck boards in the basement waiting for a project

CBP

Reaction score
Welcome and you certainly have a lovely pond there. I admire your restraint in not overfilling it with plants like I have!

Quick question on the Indiana Lily. I know they're supposed to be on the dwarf side and that looks like it is staying smallish. Can you tell me how big the leaves have gotten and an estimate of the total spread/width of the plant on the pond's surface?
Largest Pads are 3.5 inches and total spread is a little over 3 feet. I wanted a variety that wouldn't take over the whole pond, so I could see the fish more.

CBP

Reaction score
Lily Pad Close up

Attachments

• Lily Pads 07-17-14.jpg
    Lily Pads 07-17-14.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a - Arlington, VA
Thanks. And now I can see from the closeup that is a pre-formed pond. You've done a very nice job working into your landscape.

Last edited:

CBP

Reaction score
Great idea and I may use it .Thank you ,we all learn something new everyday .:)Would love the pic .I have some old deck boards in the basement waiting for a project
Pic looking backwards toward deck/landing:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 220

CBP

Reaction score
And Sissy another way to recycle was I built a small sitting platform with old decking on top of the two pallets the river rock came on:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 245

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used old pallets for a bridge base .It was a really long one that carried a piece of machinery .It was there I asked and I got it.love your log table also

Ask a Question