Hello from South Africa

Reaction score
hi,i am from South Africa,Cape Town.I have been ponding sins i was small and loved it ever sins.My other hobbies from Gardening,poding and fishes,is Computers and bycicle riding!
Wanted to upload so pics of my pond,but it says,"Upload failed"
Can anybody help me with this :banana:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hello smirf1405...nice to have you with us.. your photos are probably too big downsize them to undr 146.5 kbs to embed in a thread..or under 500kbs for the gallery. what kind of preditors do you have to contend with there? i just had to ask that.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!
There you go,it's a bit small,but that my pond :banana:

I have 3 Choi and 3 goldfish
Had the pond sins January,but have pulled a lot of plants out and planted some new ones recently :D

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 380
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 361

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Your pond looks great! Welcome to the Forum! Please add your location to the UserCP so we can better help you.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
what are those floating plants you have there? i like them. and you never answered me about what pond prediters you have to contend with over there..

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum......What are the bobbers for ?

Reaction score
Hey,koiguy1969
Well firstly,the floating plants is called Butterfly fern,it spreads quite quickly,because it is a foreign plant.And it protects my fish from the prediters,and they also like the roots of the plant.
About the prediters:Next to my house there is a large river.Not to big but also not small.Now there is lots of life and this is where the eagles comes in.I'm not sure what tipe of eagles they are,but in my previous pond(that was just too the left of the one i have now,he had quite a few of my fish that was in there for dinner.So the eagles is the only prediters around my area.I think there is about 3 or 4 of them living above the river,in the trees and we have seen them in action a few times before,catching smaller birds in the air

About the bobbers.Always loved how the rust and moss grows on old jetties and fishing boats.I can sit for hours at a time and look at how the moss has grown over the wood or how the boats has rust against its side.This may sound strange,but this is just the time of things i like :D Thats why i putted the bobbers in the water,for the algae to grow on :D

Ask a Question