Hello from south Louisiana

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I found the GPF after an invite from fishin4cars. Larkin lives about 5 miles from me. I turned 62 on June 17. My purpose in having ponds is tropical waterlilies. No pumps, no filters, no Koi. Koi tend to eat water lily. Built our first pond in 1991. Water lilies, live music and golf. I think most ponders understand that if it's worth doin', it's worth doin' to excess.

Thanks for allowing me to join up,

Dan McGehee
Ponchatoula, La
Geaux Tigers

#1 house cat

062311Psycho.jpg

#1 pooch

062211JB.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cute siamese and love that puppy pose .Cat looks like well take the pic and get it over with think I'm going to sit here all day and look cute 'LOL oh and welcome sometimes I get side tracked by cute critters

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Dan!:regular_waving_emot Your going to have to excessively show off some of those beautiful Lily pics now! Glad you joined in!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Glad you joined!

Will be fun to see your lilies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Dan, Welcome. Maybe if you are in the forum long enough you might breakdown and buy a goldfish or two. They won't eat your pretty lilies!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep and they keep the skeeters away. Hey one of my bro-in-laws lives in Ponchatoula.He works at the Wal-mart distribution center. Lots of swamp creatures down there near his home I remember :regular_waving_emot

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's right near me J.W. If he works for the walmart distribution center and like critters Global wildlife is a really cool place to check out. I check their Weather cam out here quite often and watch the Fallow deer and Stag deer come up on the hill to bed down, the giraffes come in to view once in a while, and The two Texas Long horn steers come in every now and then.. I think they have 200-300 deer, buffalo, steer, antelope, etc, etc
http://www.globalwildlife.com/ Check out the Cam! It's live, they use it on the local online weather channel here.

Reaction score
Thanks every one, I actually put some feeder goldfish in the ponds on Saturday. Let's see how long they last this time. I have not seen or heard bullfrogs this year.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Oh Dan, If you decide you want goldfish for a pond let me pick some out for you! Please!! I know where I can get my hands on some SUPER nice ones but I don't have the room. I hate feeders when you can have some that will stand out!

Ask a Question