Hello From Sroudsburg, Pa

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am Barb, down the street from @MoonShadows house. ;):) I am 67, live on 2.5 acres, retired and a gardener. I keep many chickens and a few other pets like Alice. She is a Sulcata Tortoise now at 50 pounds. She is a gem.....I am busy now getting ready for the garden tour but will post a little now and then. I do have a few little ponds. One is about 5000 gallons and about 50 gallons. I will go out and snoop around now....:sneaky:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
sgreeting_welcome_team_100-100.gif

Hey Barb....Glad you joined us over here. You are going to love the folks over here...friendly and helpful as all get out. You absolutely need to post some pics of Alice. I know you are busy getting your grounds ready for the garden tour in a few weeks, but when you have the chance......

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
May i ask what the garden tour is?
Welcome! :)

Local organizations often organize garden tours...members of the organization (and sometimes the public) can come and visit your garden...usually with a guided tour from the owner...on a given date.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the very warm welcome.... Yes I belong to 4 garden clubs. One has a garden tour every other year. It is a large group. Anyone can go buy tickets at a special meeting place and you get a map. You have to drive to go see all the gardens.There are from to 20 gardens on it. We don't know till you get the ticket. It's a self guided tour but some of us owners love to walk around with people in case they have questions. My husband and I try to catch them in groups so we have a about 6 people to walk around with each. He starts round the front gardens and I may start in the back. We have had 100 people visit from 8 to 4 on the tour day. It's very fun to share with others that are really interested. We invite friends to visit only our gardens that day and the next day. They don't pay as they would not get a map of the whole tour unless they go pay for it to get the map. That is our clubs largest money maker for the year so we can operate.
front garden2.jpg

front garen4.jpg

garden2010.jpg

Here are a few old pictures for a quick preview. It takes over 2 hours to go around my garden alone if you get to go with my husband. He will tell you anything you want to know about all the plants. He is like a proud papa...

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That garden is as bright as my future.
Also what kind of Japanese maple was that?

Reaction score
Country
United States
The one in the middle picture is a Bloodgood that should be 25 feet. I have it in a bucket with holes, in a smaller bucket with holes. That way I can control the root growth. It is probably 25 or 30 years old and I keep it cut down to 5 feet. So it if sort of a Bonsai. LOL We probably have 25 different kind of maples. My hubby loves them. Some of them only are 1 foot tall and are 20 years old. That's all natural..

This maple if about 25 years old also It's just a filigree leaf maple. I kept this one in a pot for many years...
20150527_175108.jpg

20150510_094850.jpg

Same maple tree just 2 different years...

Last edited:

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
sorry i meant, the one in the middle picture (2nd) to the left of the photo, the greenish red one. lol my apologies.
Beautiful trees btw

Ask a Question