Hello from Tarzana, CA!!!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have a 3000 gallon pond with 25 Koi fish! I've had it for about 3 years now and it's been such an awesome experience!

-Aypee

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefriend.gif
Aypee

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
Hi Aypee. I am also new to the group. So good to meet you and everyone else here.

Hugs, Lorraine

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the group.

Fill free to post some pictures of your pond, we love to look at others work.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
th_Yellowcatwelcome.gif
Lorraine
If you start your own post in the welcome thread and tell us a bit about your pond and such we can give you your own proper welcome :lol:

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
Ah, thank you so much for the wonderful welcome. Unfortunately, most of our ponds were breeding ponds with just fish and all of them have been torn down. We did take pictures years ago but they have been packed away.
We do have a very small pond between the gates and I'll get Hubby to take a picture of it in the spring to let you know what it looks like. It has plants around it and looks quite nice.
The "V" pond as I call it, is behind the patio and it is above ground. Not much to look at really but I'll get a picture of that one too. There is a small 200 gallon pond behind the garage, no plants just a pond.
The other two ponds are about 1,000 gallons and they are in the pond area where the other ponds used to be. I spawned some Koi last year and I have some larger ones for sale in the pond next to it. I haven't been able to get out to see how they are doing because of all the snow we've had. The gate leading to the area has a ton of snow behind it and the fence is over 6 feet high. I do hope they've made it okay. I put airstones and de-icing cords in them to keep them open during the winter. They are covered and as long as the electricity hasn't shut off, they should be fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :lol:

Hugs, Lorraine

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome koilady and aypee.This is the sight to learn a lot from and to see some great ideas and also some funny stories too

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
Hey Sissy, so good to meet you and thank you for the welcome. I'm so glad that I found this site.

Hugs, Lorraine

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:lol:I can see that and am amazed with the colder winters you get that there are that many hope you are staying warm

Ask a Question