Hello from the northern tip of the lower 48.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
My name is Mike and I’m a fisholholic. Building my 550 as we speak. I wanted to bounce what I have done so far off of you folks. I have knowledge in fish keeping and plants. 10 indoor tanks currently. So, I will post where appropriate. Thanks in advance.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My name is Mike and I’m a fisholholic. Building my 550 as we speak. I wanted to bounce what I have done so far off of you folks. I have knowledge in fish keeping and plants. 10 indoor tanks currently. So, I will post where appropriate. Thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome!

“Sparky” Mike, you can’t leave us in suspense — you have to go ahead and tell us more about what your plans and ideas are for your pond build!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Just posted in the DIY area. This is new for me. Not keeping fish but ponds in general. Cool forum. Much nicer than some of others and seems well run. I lurked for a bit. Thank you!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just posted in the DIY area. This is new for me. Not keeping fish but ponds in general. Cool forum. Much nicer than some of others and seems well run. I lurked for a bit. Thank you!
Thank you! We try very hard to be nice and helpful, and one of the things I like best.....members here tend to be more open-minded and tolerant of different ideas and pond-keeping methods! We like to learn from each other — and we like to share our ideas!

You are wise to do your research in advance of planning! Ask us any questions — we may not always know the answers, but we are great at brain-storming!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome Mike, you have some quality building skills, is your pond intended to be above ground only?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
welcome Mike, you have some quality building skills, is your pond intended to be above ground only?
Not originally but I live in northern Minnesota (read land of ledge rock and boulders. I could not get the depth. With two bulldogs who love to swim, above ground also seemed wise. It is actually sunk about a foot just so the walls were a little shorter above grade. Thankyou for the skills compliment. I have been in the trades all my life. 15 years now as an electrician. But done a lot of it before that. Owned a small restoration company back when I lived in MPLS.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
And I just want to say, this forum feels really good to me. Kudos to those who maintain it and of course those who participate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
"Fishoholic":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, allot that going on around here. I am afraid we will only make your condition worse Sparky. Welcome to the forum.:)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-5-10_8-46-21.gif
@Sparky to the home of many ponderer's, all w/the same addiction as you :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
What part of MN? I’m originally from Cook, north eastern mn, about an hour from Duluth. I loved it. And I’ve got an uncle and cousin just across the line in Grand Rapids ND.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
What part of MN? I’m originally from Cook, north eastern mn, about an hour from Duluth. I loved it. And I’ve got an uncle and cousin just across the line in Grand Rapids ND.
Ely MN. I make it up to Cook quite a bit through work.

Ask a Question