Hello from the Steel City!

Reaction score
Hello ponders,

My name is Dawn and I am pretty new to this forum.....but I've been ponding for about 20 years, building my first little puddle when I was about 18 years old. It was 100 gals......then I put in a 150 gal (both preformed), then I built our approx. 2000 gal w/ 45 mil liner. That one included a waterfall and stream and is home to our many fish.

We purchased property 5 years ago and started building our dream home and pond. Both are almost finished and we are getting really anxious and excited. It's been a long road, as all the work was done by myself and DH. Right now I am juggling painting our home and installing the 7000 - 10,000 gal. pond (very irregular shape.....orig. calculated 9000+ gallons, but we are now thinking it may be a little less). The pond design and hole was ready a long time ago, but we just finally put the liner in last Friday and I am working on plumbing and setting stones. I hope to have it up and running by the end of the week so it can cycle for a few weeks before moving our fish. Yes, they are all coming with us. I have some nice sized Koi and goldfish and the move is about 6 miles. Anxious but nervous for that day!

I'm going to dig my settlement pond and filtration chambers tonight but have a few questions in regards to their sizes so I will probably post that in the appropriate forum.

Looking forward to getting to know the ponders here and seeing your fish, ponds, and gardens.

I have posted on another pond forum for years and recognize a few members here such as Cliff and Joann.....the owners of such an amazing pond and bunch o' beautiful fishies :bowdown:

Thanks!
Dawn (mamabirrd)

Reaction score
Hello from another forum newb. I live in Morgantown, nearby to you and relatively new to ponding.

Our local pond store is very helpful, but it would be nice to have a second store in the area I could trust. Can you recommend any of the Pittsburgh area stores?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Your best judge is yourself after learning here and by googling for info. Never rely on a store that hires minimum wage workers to staff the floor. The one with the knowledge is rarely around.
Go there armed with everything you need then sort throught the BS if they try to talk you into something else. You will quickly see what I mean.

Ask a Question