Hello from TN

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thank you for the welcome Lisak1. I'll try to post a few pics here, I hope I do it correctly...

This is the little 270 gallon pond I put in this past February. It is located next to our cabin in a spot where a massive stump used to sit. Instead of filling in the hollow left by the stump with dirt.....well, you know.

1.jpg

This little pond is home to a few small comets and a shubunkin. Pictured are a couple of feeder tank rescues, Candy Corn (top), and below him/her is Nitro (our cycle starter fish).

AA.jpg

We enjoy this little pond at the edge of our woodland garden so much that.....

B.jpg

….of course we had to expand it!

pondscape.jpg

This photo was taken earlier this week as we began digging the approx. 2000 gallon expansion. The original pond will now be our bio-bog with a small creek feeding the new pond.

13 hours of digging over three mornings produced a nice hole, 11' x 12' x 2-3.5' with some plant ledges. A few more hours of root and rock removal yesterday, then the felt went down and the liner was draped over. Wrinkle removing/filling starts later today:).

linerinstalled.jpg

I'll be sure to post pics of our final result! In the meantime I'll enjoy the lovely inspirations here on the forum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh my gosh! What a GORGEOUS setting for a pond! And you are living out the adage - build big the first time, or prepare to expand!

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thank you! Today I started filling and smoothing out wrinkles. I've got some shore work to do, and install the overflow before we top it off. With the big chores out of the way my husband and I can start the fun stuff! The dog is already having fun though, and had his first swim in it today! Guess that makes him a "koi-gi".....o_O

partfull.jpg wetdog.jpg

Ask a Question