Hello from Western Massachusetts!

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm Allan and I just joined the Garden Pond Forum. Started my pond about a month ago. It has been a slow process trying to find the time between work and home life to complete it. Bought a small preformed liner and it sat half dug in the ground for about three months. Up and running now and looking great. Still have to finish the landscaping around it and add a few more things.

When I started, I had a Tetra PF gravity filter and the pond quickly turned green. I did some research and now I have a Laguna Pressure-Flo 1400 and Laguna Max-Flo 900 pump. The water cleared up within a matter of about 3-4 days. A local fish store took very good care of me on the new filter and pump and it was definitely worth it.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• pond2.JPG
    pond2.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 275

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
JewelledDragonflywelcome.gif
Allan
I think that's a cute little pond and you've done a great job. You got any fish in there :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
WELCOME!!! Cute pond. Mine's only been up & running for a month, but took a year to get it there, LOL! Worth it, 100%.

Do you have any fish? What are your landscaping plans? We like to hear about all that, and love to see pics!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome-1-1-1.gif

to our group! Nice looking pond you have there

Reaction score
Yes, there are three Koi in there. I tried to capture some pictures of them for you.

As far as landscaping, I plan on finishing building up the rocks around the rest of the pond and spillover. Would like to add some sort of lighting to it either in the pond or just some accents around it. So far it has been a work in progress with just a small picture of what I wanted to do with it which is almost there. Since starting though you end up thinking of other things that would fit in that you want to do.

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 251
  • photo 2.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 280
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 239
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 301

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy guess we will be helping you build a bigger pond down the road aways as those pretty little koi are gonna get big!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
go with LED'S as they are brighter and when you get snow they give a nice snow glow from under

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Allan, Welcome. Very nice pond. Is that granite on the edges? I bought some aquablue granite recently that looks like that. Koi get very large so hopefully you have room to expand it next year!

Ask a Question