Hello from Western TN

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hello all,
We are in the process of designing our pond. I have really enjoyed reading all the forums and am getting some great tips. I hope to add pictures of our prospective site tomorrow. We are installing on a sloped yard and really need some guidance from you pros!! Thanks once again for the great forum! :razz:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome-1-1-1.gif

Welcome to our group!

I hate/love our sloped yard. It made a great stream with multiple waterfalls and streams. I had to build a 6 foot berm to make the pond level, our yard is way sloped. The pond ended up where it is mainly because it was the most level spot in our yard, that was nicely viewable from our house.
But it looks great. Even with a laser level, I still had to add height to the down hill side. Enjoy your build!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and hope you enjoy building your pond while we watch and try not to remember our hard work and sore muscles .We always enjoy watching the hard parts and love adding our input .Most of us are not pro's just pond lovers it's in our blood .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hello509-1.gif
and welcome pondlover
Check out addy's links on her pond and you'll see an amazing transformation happen right before your eyes on what you can do w/ a hillside :D

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum
The slope will be fun to work with

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. I had a 5' berm in my backyard that I build my pond at the bottom of gave me a great hill to create a nice creek and falls. Use the lay of the land to your benefit.

Welcome to the forum.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I found this for. Look forward to learning from others.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! A slope would be fun! I didn't have one to work with so made up my own sort of slope for my waterfall, but it works!

Ask a Question