The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcomeb.gif

You've come to the right place! There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here willing to help. Tell us a bit about your pond...how big, any fish, plants, your filter, etc. Pictures can help, too. What kind of help do you need?

B

Burd

Well, no filter, just an aerator, it's your basic small black plastic one, first all the frogs died over the winter.
Do I put something in the bottom?
Is it ok to top off with fresh water?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and first you may need to get a pump with at least a built in foam filter .You may need to clean it everyday but for now it should work .If you have city water it needs treated with declor of some sorts or brand .Not sure where you live but a thermometer would help also to know the water temps. and a water test kit if you have fish .

B

Burd

There's a waterfall too, it does have a pump, I had it on for a few days last year and i was loosing water, I need to seal around the outlet. I'll post some pics, photobucket works?
What kind of filter would I get for that. ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi and welcome. Sorry about your frogs! Do you know if anything was different this year versus previous years? Did the previous owner use a heater of some sort or anything else to help the frogs out in the winter?

B

Burd

We took all the slate out for cleaning Saturday, it was dirty in there, two toads were still sleeping in it. Lol. I want to silicone the PVC tube before I put the rock back on. Maybe that will take care if the water loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
make sure the waterfall is not leaking also .Is this a liner pond or preformed .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there are different kinds like pvc and epdm and then the preforms that are sold at lowes and other places .

Ask a Question