Hello Guys/Gals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had various ponds of various sizes up to about 8ft length and 4 ft wide and enjoy the sound of running water in my postage stamp garden. I have kept fish in my ponds up to 3lb in weight and enjoyed every minute. My current pond in my property is 8ft by 3ft wide and at the deepest is 3ft. It had originaly 6 basic goldfish of 3inch size. Over 2 years this has increased to 6 gold @ 6inch, 4/5 semi gold 3/4 and loads of black reverted its seems to carp 2/3inch and on solitary tench @ 8inch.
In this pond I lost everything 4 years ago with it seems a bloom so cleaned it out and sterilsed it all and left it for a year.
Anyway I am a novice and am open minded so please be gentle with me and I look forward to posting my first thread whichg will be within a few moments I am afraid..
Thanks guys/ Gals
Regards
Ernie

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and at least you have not given up .I also love the sound of water ,but to be honest if I had to do it over I would go for pondless, noise without the work .I love my fish but I am not getting any younger .We are looking forward to seeing pics .We love other peoples ideas and like borrowing something from them .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Ernest so your a novice eh :shifty: we'll be gentle on you :LOL:I promise "fingers crossed behind the back":ROFLMAO::):happy::LOL:;)
Where abouts on our Beaytiful Island do you repose in my friend ?
We are a couple who live in the heart of Janner Land I'm an Oldham Lad from up north heres my attempt at Janner "moy loverly", now what do e want to keep Goldfish (Gentle), koi (mental) weve been keeping koi 27 years now :happy:
However I do suggest you get a book or two as a novice just to catch up and learn about our wonderful hobby:)

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group. Glad you joined us! Ask anything, we love to answer ??'s and help if we can.

Ask a Question