Hello, missed this step

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I joined about a year ago when I was planning on taking over my family pond in the backyard that has been in desperate need of repair. Last week I decided it was high time to do something about the poor pond rotting away with nothing but mosquitos growing in it. Now its got water, watering, and filters, filtering, However the water is not clear enough for me to go out and start buying all the fish, so I'm here looking for some help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I was definitely waiting for the water to clear up but I'm talking to them about letting me dig up the yard more now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Also remember to scale your number of fish to the size of your pond. Your current pond would do well with a couple of goldfish. If you made it a bit bigger you could have a couple more. It's a pretty set up by the way - love the train!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good luck. Fish don't really care how clear the water is. There are a lot of other factors that make more of a difference. ie dissolved oxygen, ph, harmful wastes, etc.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
smiley_hello_by_lucifer4671.gif
and, welcome back!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Thank you all so much for the words of welcome. Everyone has been so helpful within the little time that I had posted, I knew that I had picked the right forum site,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
since you have no fish yet you could always use a pond clearing product .Liquid barley always works great also and all are safe for fish anyways .I just pour in some hydrogen peroxide ,cheap and it works .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Well at the moment I have no pond :) but I finished the digging portion today, and plan on picking up liner soon. I will definitely pick up some of that at the same time for when I am adding my new water in though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy peroxide even to clean the pond and the hydroplex is great also to treat fish before you put them in the pond to make sure they have no disease .I buy it online at dr foster and smith .sorry pics are fuzzy
101_0097.JPG
101_0098.JPG
101_0101.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hydroplex keeps the new fish from spreading diseases if you dip them in it and also helps keep diseases out of your pond .Now that it is on the market officially at pond stores I can say what it does from first hand experience .I have used on sick fish from other peoples ponds as a test .It does work and that is from my testing of the product and believe me I put it through the test.It was sold under another name but was improved

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure but only know that it was produced for commercial fish breeders and that peroxide can enhance it's ability to work .Seems safe as I used it on quite a few really sick fish from peoples ponds and used it as a quick dip also after instructions from them .

Ask a Question