Hello need advice

Reaction score
Hi there, we bought a house that as 2 koi ponds. The pond has always been cloudy. This year I was determined to get the largest one clear. I pulled the pump up yesterday cleared some debris & today the pump stopped working. It seems to be surging trying to start but won't stay on. I took it apart and all of he moving parts are working. Now it's just caput! I really don't know enough about ponds but I am willing to learn. Please advise! Thanks

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum
Your pump may have had its last squirt
You might try to take a water hose and stick it in the output of the pump to flush it out

Reaction score
Before we can help you we need a bunch of info about your ponds. Things like how many gallons? How many fish and what size are they? Do you have any working pumps? What is your filtration like? How big is the pond? How deep? Any plants? How often do you feed the fish? Etc... Looking forward to helping but sorry I can't fix a broken pump.

Reaction score
Wow! I am not sure about most of your questions. Like I said we bought the house & the ponds were here. The one I am working on is quite large I would say at least 1000 gallons. The pump is a little giant model 6e-cim I googled it and it says 50 GPH. I think there are 12 fish. We put 6 in last weekend from MIL pond and he others have been established for 3 years ( the largest is about 6 inches). I had pants they all died last year. I have a bog?? Upper part of pond above waterfall full of Lillie's & iris. I bought new Lillie's and they are growing. The pond is apprx 8 feet long & 4 feet wide. I think it's about 3-4 feet deep in the deepest part. That pump was he only one :( I am trying to figure out what to do! I cannot leave it this way. It must have the pump for the water fall to work. I do not know what or if there is a filter in the waterfall area as they buried everything under large rocks. I Feed the fish starting in May about every other day and stop in late Sept or early Oct when the wether changes. Thank you!

Reaction score
Here is a pic of pump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 204

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and looks like that pump needs replace if that is rust I see .

Ask a Question