Hello, new pond owner here.

G

GreenManGuy

Long story short, I bought a house and a farm, it came with a small pond by the deck. Had to clean it out of leaves and debris, as the previous owner passed away early last year, and the pond was completely unattended for over a year. Now going thru the whole garage, finding pumps, filter, water features... every day leads to a new discovery.
Also, I always wanted a pond, but much larger. I'm hoping I'll learn from taking care of this small one for a few years, till I can afford to put in the big one.

G

GreenManGuy

Here it is. There's a frog and toad that are living in the water, and nearby, probably bushes or under the deck. And a turtle showed up for 2 days, then dissapeared again. It's getting chilly here in Michigan's thumb so I suspect we'll see them again later on.
We're also changing the landscaping around the house, so all the fieldstones used for "edging" around the house are being staged here. I want a waterfall, the wife wants a waterfall, and I'm pretty sure there used to be something like that, as I found a tiny pond with a pour end on it in the garage, that looks like it holds about a gallon? maybe 2?
Anyway, it's a start, and the property still needs alot of "first-year new-owners" work so I can't immediately expand the pond, but I do need to get it right, keep it healthy, and get familiar with everything.

G

GreenManGuy

I thought I had attached a picture there...
I'm in farming country so sometimes my cell data is spotty.
I'll post pics as soon as I can.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and buying a house always leads to more work than you realize ,it is a big learning curve also and being a new owner of a pond sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun also

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1586819985150.gif
@GreenManGuy

G

GreenManGuy

Here's a wider shot I didn't think I'd be able to post. And some found equipment.

Attachments

• 20200413_140744.jpg
    20200413_140744.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20200413_142816.jpg
    20200413_142816.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 90

Ask a Question