Hello new to forum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone
joining this forum because we are DIY our inground kidney shaped pool to a pond. We purchased a house in Batavia ILino is that has a pool that was in terrible shape. Thought about fixing it and decided that we would prefer a pond. Well, we started the project and are researching in books and online and I came across this website. Any advice or thoughts on this process will be very much appreciated. I will post pictures so folks on here can see what we have and send any thoughts. We have a gradual slope already so plan to put in a stream or water fall feature. Hope all are staying healthy.
cheers
jean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 89

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

That will make a nice pond. When you start, get a construction thread going for your questions and for us to follow along.

Are you putting sand bags in the pool/pond and sand? Does it currently hold water? Wondering what all the bags are for, making shelves, making it smaller?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks like the edge is below ground level at this time. In the long run that can cause issues. Fertilizer, dirt, etc running off the land into the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and are you maybe going to put a liner in it .It looks like that as you seem to be raising it up .Seems like the pool was way down low as all I see is ground and no cement at the top where the ground is exposed

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1589049408192.gif
@Jean maloney
So is that a cement pool? Looks like you have added a lot of sand to the pond. Not sure what your plan is. Are you adding a liner? And are the bags of sand to keep the sand in place before you put the liner in?

Ask a Question