Hello,old new guy here!

Dave Cee

High-school Sweethearts
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just resurrected a small (105 gallons) stock tank pond, a sub-component of my old pond set-up from almost 20 years ago. A garden water feature for my wifey. 100gph pump and a 72 sqare foot pad-type filter. Two tiny koi and five teensy goldfish. I didn't realize how much I missed my pond. Best wishes. Dave
xlarge.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! Welcome to our forum!

Be ready to re-home the two tiny koi, they do not stay tiny long and they will foul your lil ponds water. And outgrow it quickly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
That little water feature is beautiful!
I have to agree with addy. You're either going to have to find a new home for those koi or build another pond to fit them.
Since you are missing your old pond setup, why not build a new one? I suggest at least 2,000 gallons. But hurry up, those koi grow fast!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes, a new big pond sounds like it will be up your alley. Welcome, and we hope to read your advice as well as offer ours!

Dave Cee

High-school Sweethearts
Reaction score
Country
United States
"those koi grow fast"...
I would argue but you're so right I can't! I suppose I might expand things in the future. Right now I'm just trying to make SWMBO happy. :cool:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1614707673880.gif
@Dave Cee
If the koi get too big trade them in for some Shubunkin Goldfish. They are beautiful and look kind of like some varieties of Koi in their markings. They just don't get as big but even they will eventually outgrow that small of a pond. Got a shovel? :smuggrin:

Shubbies:
Shubunkin's.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What a cute little pond! I love the little turtle looking down from the shelf:).

And yes, have to agree about the koi! Small ponds like that are great for a couple of goldfish, but not for koi — they grow quite large and produce a lot of waste. Maybe it’s time to dig another pond!

Ask a Question