Hello!

Reaction score
I've had my pond for several years and have re-done it a couple of times. Last year the raccoons got in it during the winter, put a hole in the liner and the water level got down to the deepest part. From there it was a 17 goldfish buffet! Ended up finding 2 pre formed liners and put them in with a land bridge between them so it gives the appearance of one pond. I wanted to connect them but my husband talked me out of it because he didn't think I would ever be able to keep a tube in the sidewalls of the liners from leaking. Will try to post some pics soon.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Your pond sounds nice, post some pictures.

Reaction score
2013-06-07 14.33.12.jpg2013-06-07 14.32.50.jpg

Oh I'm so new to this forum stuff, I hope I've done this right! Will soon see! Here are some pics...(I hope)

Reaction score
The continuing saga of the Coy Koi and a Crazy Goldfish......

My koi, which my almost 3 year old granddaughter named Boots, is still quite nervous. I've heard that a goldfish only has a 3 sec memory, well I beg to differ. Boots knows exactly where to hide as soon as I show up. The other day I tossed in an earthworm to see if that would interest him. He was on it instantly! Swimming like crazy with this worm hanging out of his mouth.....until he saw me.
With that, he literally up-chucked the worm, tried to get to his favorite spot via a short cut and ran right into the back of the pump! I kid you not, I think it embarrassed him because he really hid that time! On a more encouraging note, Boots did take a piece of food this morning from the far side of the pond while I was standing there. It was quick, but I did get to see it.

Now about this crazy goldfish.........

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and love your stock tank pond and think someone on here was just asking about doing one of those .Would be a great idea to do a land bridge you would never really be able to tell .I love my bridge
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:55871]

Reaction score
The liner in my old pond was a heavy black plastic, but not the pond liner kind. What I'm using now are two preformed so at least I can rest assured I don't think the raccoons can make a hole in it.

Love the pics! Can't wait for Boots to be that friendly. This morning he was his usual non-friendly self.

The crazy goldfish is Chuck. Chuck came to me just about a year ago. My grandsons brought him to me from the carnival that comes here every year. So yes, Chuck is a carnie fish whose life, at an early age, began in a small glass bowl with kids trying to throw ping pong balls on his head. No wonder he's crazy. I put him in the smaller portion of my pond, gave him his own personal sanctuary. Then I had the audacity to think he would be grateful. Nope. There is a concrete block in the pond, the kind with 3 holes in it, and on top of that is a bowl from a bird bath. The holes in the block are Chucks' sanctuary and it is a rare treat to even see him. So I got the brilliant idea to get him a friend........

The stock tank has been a favorite. A couple of years ago when I cleaned out the big pond I put a section of lily pads in the tank. They had laid on the ground for several days before I decided to put them in the tank. Much to my surprise I ended up with 21 tiny goldfish. I don't keep fish in it anymore because it's such a kid magnet and I certainly don't need anymore traumatized fish. The last couple of years I decided to leave the plants in the tank to see if they would winter. It freezes solid and they have survived!

Ask a Question