Hello

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Shane and I'm from Nebraska. So my story is that we bought a little 50 gallon preformed pond and my wife decided that a few fish would be nice. So when she gets home and informs me that she has just purchased 5 nice koi from Pets Mart I get a little worried :eek2: . But thanks to this forum and a little research i think I have it under control.

Unfortunately 3 died as i was getting everything set up but I still have 2 of the little guys alive. On a side note I'm really pissed at Pets Mart because my wife asked many questions and they told her the wrong information. Thanks again and I will try to get some pictures up if I'm not to lazy.

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome.
Unfortunately the kid working at Pets Mart may have been working at McDonalds last week:banghead3:.
I get some information from a watergarden store near my house that has been there for 30 years and people have been there almost as long.

Reaction score
thanks koiguy. Ya, when we lost the first one I was angry (mostly because the wife was yelling hysterically) and called in and the guy that I talked to asked which lady help your wife. I gave him a very small description and all he said was… oh, I know exactly which one you mean. so I'm guessing it happens a lot! i learned my lesson and only fish shops for me from now on.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to all you guys .......Tuscoo there are a lot of Koi out there,when you get comfortable with the pond, take the wife out and get some more .
Welcome to the forum

Ask a Question