Jeremy710

turtles are my favorite
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Just wanted to say a proper hello an HUGE THANKS to this group you all have been a big help from question to the forum's posted a great many years of combined experience with out which i probably would have been lost a few time along the way an given up. But instead was able to accomplish a tremendous task. Thank you agian everyone.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that love to help others!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I just looked at your showcase pictures. You've been busy -- that's looking nice! What are your barrel filters -- what is the sequence and how do you have them plumbed?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome to the pond nut forum because we must be all crazy to do this again and again .Believe me I feel that I really must be nuts to put up with everything that has happened to my pond .I think i have the worst luck of all ponders right now

Jeremy710

turtles are my favorite
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
The 3 55g barrels are plumbed in series 2 inch pvc. Lava rock of various size in the first barrel half lava rock half bio balls in the 2nd the 3rd i still making a decision of either bio balls or settlement tank, before the bio filter in the spill ways.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The 3 55g barrels are plumbed in series 2 inch pvc. Lava rock of various size in the first barrel half lava rock half bio balls in the 2nd the 3rd i still making a decision of either bio balls or settlement tank, before the bio filter in the spill ways.
How does that do as far as keeping the water clean -- well, since you are considering a settlement tank? I have a Skippy (100 gal Rubbermaid stock tank), and while it does great with biofiltration, it's the pits when it comes to mechanical filtration -- I'm always looking......

Jeremy710

turtles are my favorite
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
So would two mechanical filters be better off then having a settlement tank ? Essentially having two barrels with lava rock an the 3rd with bioballs?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just joined your group seeking knowledge! Just starting my pond. So many questions!

Ask a Question