Hello

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. My name is Ace and a newbie in the garden pond. I started with a tank of flower horn and would like to create a Japanese inspired garden pond. I hope I can learn or find some references here in this community.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
animated-welcome-image-0112.gif

Hi Ace..You've come to the right place. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable folks here who are always willing to help. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and have you researched them and decided on budget and size .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the kind welcome.
Hello, sissy. I'm in the process of research on how-to and also where to look for the materials. I still don't have a quote for estimation when it comes to my budget.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the Forum, Ace! I hope you'll feel at home here! :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a little inspiration for your Japanese garden pond:

That's what I've been looking for! It's beautiful, I'm planning to have a bamboo fence around the garden pond like a typical onsen. Though having koi fish is a bit expensive for me right now. Thank you for sharing the video.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You're welcome! I love this video - I've watched it so many times. His approach to koi keeping is so interesting. And his pond is beautiful!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Koi can be cheap ,I got mine from a breeder in NC and they were the ugly babies that the koi farm could not sell .Cost a dollar up to 3 dollars for fancy tails .Check adds at garden centers for people that want to give fish away.I use my garden center for that .You can even check out your local paper and craigs list ..I built my own pond and it was satisfying but lots of work .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Koi can be cheap ,I got mine from a breeder in NC and they were the ugly babies that the koi farm could not sell .Cost a dollar up to 3 dollars for fancy tails .Check adds at garden centers for people that want to give fish away.I use my garden center for that .You can even check out your local paper and craigs list ..I built my own pond and it was satisfying but lots of work .

Can I acquire koi that way? That's good news. I always thought that no matter what kind of koi it is, it will always be pricey. Thanks for the information.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Your best bet is to google your area that is how i found the koi farm ,but sad to say he closed down after storms destroyed his green houses and he just decided to retire .He sold all kinds of fish ,not just koi
pics on durecell back up 762.JPG
pics on durecell back up 760.JPG
pics on durecell back up 763.JPG
pics on durecell back up 766.JPG

Ask a Question