Hello

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi,
I am so glad I happened to find this forum. I have a pond with bass, bluegills, shellcracker, koi and a few native snails and frogs. I just started an indoor aquarium with koi and goldfish. I am looking forward to learning more. Here is my pond
Enjoy
Maria

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
smhellofrog.gif
Welcome to the forum, Maria!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Where do you live and what kind of climate do you have there? Amazing that the white liner stays so pristine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Where do you live and what kind of climate do you have there? Amazing that the white liner stays so pristine.

Thank you Turtle Mommy. That was when it was first installed. There are some stains now at the top that I can see because I am changing a bit of the water. It was a lot of string algae on the sides and I wiped it off and then I see a bit of dirt stains around the front where the mound is. I think those will wipe off too when I get to them. I am in the south in zone 8a so just slightly north of you. The main issue I have is some trees to the sides that toss leaves into the pond. The net doesn't seem to work on it so I am working on a skimmer now and a retrofitted bottom drain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I noticed some fry swimming in the pond! So I brought some inside to a large aquarium to watch them. I have no idea what they are since I have minnows, bluegills, bass and koi all in there.. I can't wait to identify the babies and watch them grow up!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That will be fun! I had fry a few years ago, but because I had minnows and goldfish in the pond, I didn’t know what the fry were. It was fun doing research to ID body types and fin placement. These mostly turned out to be minnows, but had some GF later, and once I knew what to look for, it was easy to tell the difference.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
thank you .Yes I'm watching them carefully to try to figure out what they are.

Ask a Question