Hello

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a country girl and have five dogs and two horses. I also like hyper fast cars, and own two.
My ponds are very old and quite a feature......please read on. Thank you.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All the ponds have contoured bottoms. At its deepest the bottom pond is about five feet deep. I have seen a grass snake swimming in the bottom pond. It lives in a clay drainage pipe which is one of many set into the ha-ha. A family of frogs live under a bridge crossing the top pond. Every year a wren returns to the same nest in the bull rushes.
Not much more I can say, I'm afraid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yes, I forgot. Each of my five dogs ( three Border terriers, a bulldog and a Boston terrier ) has their own favourite swimming pond and guards it fiercely !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome! Please tell us more and we like pictures too!

Hi Poconjoe,

I see you are American. My husband and I spend much time in the US. We love to joke with Americans that our house was built nearly a quarter of a century before Columbus even discovered America!
Cheers,
Rosanne

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-8-23_13-0-16.gif
@Rosanne

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome! We would love to see pictures! Your place sounds beautiful!

I'll see what I can do, although I'm hosting a Chinese dinner for twenty people tonight. Not only that, but on Monday we are then driving our Aston Martin to Tuscany for a three week touring holiday. In the meantime, here is a bit more info about the house. It is in Pavenham,a small village in Bedfordshire, England. The house was an old chapel. It is built of mellow, golden sandstone with a thatched roof. John Bunyan ( who wrote " Pilgrim's Progress " ) used to preach here back in the 17th. century, although the chapel and adjoining cottages (two) were built in 1470. About 1720 a wing was added to the chapel, and eventually the chapel, it's new wing and the two adjoining cottages were all connected.
We have two ghosts, a bad one and a sad one. Oh yes, one other thing. We are situated between the pub and where the old village hall used to be until it burnt down after a wild party back in the 1940's. Glenn Miller ( who took off on his fatal flight to France in 1944 ) flew from an aerodrome just a few miles away. He used to visit the hall, the pub and this house frequently. I'll be in touch again. Ciao, Rosanne

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome! Okay, I have to ask about your 'hot rods' you mentioned.

Hello,

My husband is a great Aston Martin fan and I like Alfa Romeos ( just the name sounds
sexy ! ). So, we have an Aston Martin DB9 Volante ( that's the convertible model ) and two Alfas. My Alfa was a birthday present from hubby to me earlier this year. It is a Guilia Quatrofoglio 2.9 litre V6, which delivers over 500 BHP and does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and over 190 MPH. That means that it is faster than his Aston, because being a convertible the Aston is limited to 185 MPH. Of course, I never cease to remind him that my car is faster than his ! We also have an Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Sportwagon with a 3.2 litre V6 engine,
an Audi S4 Quattro Avant V8 4.2 litre, and a Range Rover Discovery to pull my horse box.

When our daughter was living here, we had Bentley Continental GTC so we could take her with us on holiday, but when she moved out, hubby bought another DB9 to replace it.
When we go to the US we have a Chrysler Sebring and a BMW X5 that we use.
Bye,
Rosanne.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72272444.html

Hi,
I have just realised. Since our house is presently for sale, it would be easier for those who want to to just click on the above link. That would save me from having to take pictures. My husband has taken early retirement and is determined to move to an Oxfordshire village that ( in his opinion ! ) has the best pub in the World.
We have been negotiating for years with an ornery relative in order to buy his house in that village, but now Harry and Meghan ( the Duke and Duchess of Sussex ) plan to move there, our troublesome relative wants to renegotiate the price !

Ciao.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Hi,
I have just realised. Since our house is presently for sale, it would be easier for those who want to to just click on the above link. That would save me from having to take pictures. My husband has taken early retirement and is determined to move to an Oxfordshire village that ( in his opinion ! ) has the best pub in the World.
We have been negotiating for years with an ornery relative in order to buy his house in that village, but now Harry and Meghan ( the Duke and Duchess of Sussex ) plan to move there, our troublesome relative wants to renegotiate the price !

Ciao.
Seriously? We’re thinking about moving. What is the price in USD and how many square feet?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi,

Ciao.

I might have confused some people. Harry and Meghan are not moving to the house we want to buy. Ours is in the centre of the village of Great Tew. It is near the pub. Their desired house is just outside the village and stands in several acres of it own land. Our house has about an acre of land, but it does have a trout stream running through it.
Ciao.

Ask a Question