Hello

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi from beautiful SW Fl. 30 gallon indoor tank and new 150 gallon outdoor pond. Veteran poster on political forums but only here for the fishtalk. Just got this goldfish rescue in my pond yesterday. Poor guy spent his entire life in a 10 gallon and his tankmate died a few days ago. I bet he weighs ten ounces and his body (minus fins) is 7 inches.

Planning on a bucket (5 gallon filter) lava rocks in the bottom third, polly fill in the top of the bucket with many holes in the bottom (think showerhead) suspended over the pond about a ft. Sound like it will work or does this guy deserve to live in my 30 gallon? Oh yes, submersible pump moves a 158 GHP. Thanks and hello.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and I saw a modern house the other day with an indoor pond right by the front door ,gave me a flash back to the 60's and 70's as this was a mid century modern home .Hey he looks happy for now .At least he can't make babies since he has no friends

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had to adsd my son and his friends went to a fair in NJ and won them also , I had a huge fountain in my front yard and they put them in there as a surprise for me .Not a good one for me but what can you do

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Kris P Bacon I think your new fish will love it in that pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Kris P Bacon ! You mentioned algae - best way to deal with that is to add more plants to your pond. Don't use chemicals as you risk killing off all the microscopic life in your pond. Small ponds are a challenge to keep balanced, but it's definitely possible.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome @Kris P Bacon ! You mentioned algae - best way to deal with that is to add more plants to your pond. Don't use chemicals as you risk killing off all the microscopic life in your pond. Small ponds are a challenge to keep balanced, but it's definitely possible.
I added some more i collected from a ditch yesterday. Will be setting up my filter on friday. Have this, in addition to water lettuce... Will give it awhile with filter and plants before doing the chemical route

I hear you on the chemistry, as ponds go, this is more like an aquarium. Anyone ID the above plant? I just assumed "arrowhead"? I waded into a mucky ditch by the house to harvest, got some roots and weighted with lead, only scant pea gravel in my "pond".

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome aboard! :)
Hi Admin Becky, a frequent forum poster here as a live in caretaker to my other half. When not posting, my fish tank and now pond and garden get me motivated to get out of this chair. Glad i found this forum, thanks for hosting it.

Ask a Question