Hello!

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. I have a 6000 gallon pond with a bunch of koi. I have some videos on youtube of the pond and the build.

Reaction score
Hi poconojoe! Yes, one of our boom trucks. It got pulled from my yahoo email I guess? I need to change that when I get on my PC, lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome ...

Link the video to this forum love to see the photos and videos

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1586442914547.gif
@koipondpeppy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and like my son he has his rotator tow truck and his flat bed that are lime green .I have koi but sure wish back then I did not get .the shaved head guy is my son and the man next to him is his uncle .The uncle is only 5 years older than my son .He did the paint job..
100_3816.JPG
100_3814.JPG

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Welcome, Those are some big fish, you have some pics of the build, I find those just as interesting as the finished product.

Reaction score
Damn I didn't know cows swam so well you have a couple monsters there. Looks nice . What size what filters..?
Hehe, yup there are a couple porkers in there. Two big girls for sure.

Filters. Let me preface this by explaining I started with a 1,600 gallon filter falls pond, tore it up and dug it out to 5,000+ gallons then built up the sides a bit to about 6000 gallons and have been tacking stuff onto it ever since.

So the vacuum bottom drain goes to a 5500 gph pump to a multi-cyclone prefilter to an Ultima 6000 pressure filter to an 80 gallon aerial bucket liner about half full of ultima media to another 80 gallon aerial bucket liner about half full of ultima media to a two-man aerial bucket liner (cut down to half height) with bacteria house media.

The skimmer and a mid-water pickup that I sometimes attach another skimmer to (if I'm not lazy) goes to a 3500 gph pump to a multi-cyclone prefilter to an Ultima 4000 pressure filter to an 80 gallon aerial bucket liner and also drops into the two-man bucket liner with bacteria house media.

Reaction score
Welcome, Those are some big fish, you have some pics of the build, I find those just as interesting as the finished product.

I do have pics somewhere of the metamorphosis. When I'm on the desktop, I'll find some and post them.

Reaction score
welcome and like my son he has his rotator tow truck and his flat bed that are lime green .I have koi but sure wish back then I did not get .the shaved head guy is my son and the man next to him is his uncle .The uncle is only 5 years older than my son .He did the paint job.. View attachment 127345
That's an awesome paint job! My husband is a long time painter and does all our trucks. The boys paint too and one grandson went to school for it and does it professionally. That truck is definitely a work of art there. He must be very proud.

Ask a Question