Hellppp!!!!

Reaction score
Hello All...I am hoping for a little direction. I am new to ponding but I love it already!!! I have a preformed pond liner (from Lowes), approx 100 gal. I have built a waterfall approx 18" higher than the top of the pond. I originally bought the 630gph pump (from Lowes), and hooked it up thru the pressurized filter/UV light (from Lowes).

The flow into the elevated pond is minimal, making the waterfall...less fun :(
SO, I took the 630gph pump back and upgraded to the approx 1400gph pump. After hooking the new "stronger" pump to the filter, the same result...not a lot of flow. When I run the pump directly to the waterfall, bypassing the filter, the flow is GREAT!!! and the waterfall looks AWESOME!!!

WHAT do I do??? Do I not have a filter? I doubt this will be the recommendation, but I figured I would ask.

Thanks in advance!

-matt (the Sports PA)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
hay matt you can split your water flow...put a tee in the outlet side of your pump.send some to the filter that goes to the waterfall ...and some straight to the water fall....put a valve on the unfilterd line to control the flow...welcome to the forum

Reaction score
Great idea...I was very frustrated when I hooked up the 2x stronger pump and got the exact same result on the outflow. I will try that tomorrow. THANKS!!! and I will let you know how it goes...

-matt (the Sports PA)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cisifom

Latest Threads