HELP ALGAE EXPLOSION

Reaction score
Country
United States
so I have a little duck pond and recently there has been some hot weather. There was always some algae on the liner of the pond but today there was algae floating on the surface, my filter was clogged with algae, and the whole side of the pond what covered in stringy algae! I put in some algicide every week, and it works, but right after the existing algae is killed, new algae grows. My ducks also poop a lot so, the water is nitrogen-rich. Is there some way to deal with it? Fish? Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
plants, plants, and more plants. Choose some the ducks won't snack on. Build a bog for filtration, that will certainly help, but ducks can and are a problem for ponders! Stop with the algaecide as once it's dead, as you found out, the new batch arriving will now have dead algae to help them grow faster.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A pond vac, and vacuum the pond every third day this will get the poop at the bottom and remove it from the pond the vac is also a way to change some water. i would also get foxglove and get it growing in the bottom of the pond. AND BUILD A BOG THATS 50 percent the size of the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Were'd that come from . Hornwart

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
dayum; now we gots ta get addy to add foxglove to kelpie's plant list...the work never stops coming...sigh.

Ask a Question