Help - alkalinity is 0

Reaction score
what do I have to do to raise the alkalinity/buffering capacity? All other readings are perfect....????

Reaction score
I use baking soda as well. I put some right after my waterfall in the stream area. I only put a little in at a time and check it later on in the day to make sure I am not adding too much. I have a hot tub too and using baking soda there has helped save me money!

I was also told by a woman at a local pet store that baking soda will increase the hardness of the water but I am not 100% sure if that is true. She said that Koi and goldfish like medium hard water.

Reaction score
I use baking soda as well. I put some right after my waterfall in the stream area. I only put a little in at a time and check it later on in the day to make sure I am not adding too much. I have a hot tub too and using baking soda there has helped save me money!

I was also told by a woman at a local pet store that baking soda will increase the hardness of the water but I am not 100% sure if that is true. She said that Koi and goldfish like medium hard water.

:profile:
Baking soda is must but if you want that your fish sleeps peacefully than use also clove oil and alka seltzer. These two things also useful for extremely ill or severely injured fishes.

Ask a Question