Help!!! Can't figure out my new Jebao CF-10

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hi all! This is my first time to join a pond forum and post. A little backround first! My husband and I built a 20,000 Koi pond this August. We are just thrilled with it! Much to our surprise, our new Koi decided to Spawn and have lots of little ones this end of August and September! We are in awe of them. So living in Ohio, as winter is quickly drawing near, we decided because they are only weeks old and won't even swim to the bottom, we would try to save as many as possible and give them as much of as we could. They would freeze right in the rocks! We bought a 300 gallon Stock tank and have been catching and moving them indoors.
So that brings me to my panic question. Although I feel quiet stupid asking. We ordered a Jebao CF-10 to use as our filter for them for the indoor winter. So, is anyone on this forum familiar with this model? Honestly, my husband and I are both educated and neither can figure this out. The directions are very sparse!!! There are three outputs one for the pump hose, one for the hose for the filtered water to come back out, and one for the backwash function. Got that. But there is a grey lever. And standing facing the filter, to the left of the three outputs it says work, and to the right it says clean. The grey lever will go up or down either way. (like a leaver) So my question is, to have the pump in working mode, do you want the grey lever down by the word "work" or do you want it up under "work". Oh my gosh I am so embarrassed we can't figure this out, but we don't know if we are in working mode, or cleaning mode right now??? I sure hope someone can help!!! Thank you !!!
~ Molly

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I personally only use Fluval brand filters indoors but that seem like a decent filter but, your stock tank is 300 gallons while that CF-10 is designed for 1000 gallon ponds. I would say it should be fine though. As far as work and clean mode goes you want it to be in work mode in order to filter because when you move the lever to clean mode it closes the valves so you can take it apart to clean it without the water siphoning out through the hoses when you disconnected them meaning that if it is in clean mode then there is no water moving through the filter and it is not doing anything. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I personally only use Fluval brand filters indoors but that seem like a decent filter but, your stock tank is 300 gallons while that CF-10 is designed for 1000 gallon ponds. I would say it should be fine though. As far as work and clean mode goes you want it to be in work mode in order to filter because when you move the lever to clean mode it closes the valves so you can take it apart to clean it without the water siphoning out through the hoses when you disconnected them meaning that if it is in clean mode then there is no water moving through the filter and it is not doing anything. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help Marshall. It is a filter up to 1000 but as with several of the ones I research, that is a thousand gallons without fish. Once you add fish it goes down to 500 gallons. I think the operation instructions are just so unclear, but I think you are on to something. I could open it to see which way the lever is, up or down from the inside as to wether or not that open or closed the valve! It seemed to do a good job last night. The water seems a bit clear this am. So I am hoping we have it running correctly!! Thanks again for the response!!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all! This is my first time to join a pond forum and post. A little backround first! My husband and I built a 20,000 Koi pond this August. We are just thrilled with it! Much to our surprise, our new Koi decided to Spawn and have lots of little ones this end of August and September! We are in awe of them. So living in Ohio, as winter is quickly drawing near, we decided because they are only weeks old and won't even swim to the bottom, we would try to save as many as possible and give them as much of as we could. They would freeze right in the rocks! We bought a 300 gallon Stock tank and have been catching and moving them indoors.
So that brings me to my panic question. Although I feel quiet stupid asking. We ordered a Jebao CF-10 to use as our filter for them for the indoor winter. So, is anyone on this forum familiar with this model? Honestly, my husband and I are both educated and neither can figure this out. The directions are very sparse!!! There are three outputs one for the pump hose, one for the hose for the filtered water to come back out, and one for the backwash function. Got that. But there is a grey lever. And standing facing the filter, to the left of the three outputs it says work, and to the right it says clean. The grey lever will go up or down either way. (like a leaver) So my question is, to have the pump in working mode, do you want the grey lever down by the word "work" or do you want it up under "work". Oh my gosh I am so embarrassed we can't figure this out, but we don't know if we are in working mode, or cleaning mode right now??? I sure hope someone can help!!! Thank you !!!
~ Molly
So what is the answer? did you find out? I can't understand either!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
So what is the answer? did you find out? I can't understand either!
we haven't seen this member in about a year so I wouldn't expect anything back from him :(

Ask a Question