Help got turtle hatchlings!

Reaction score
I know this isn't fish or pond or garden , but please if anyone knows anything about hatchling yellow belly slider care I need help here. Have three tiny, (still have yolk on belly) babies. They were in a friends driveway and she brought them to me! I have them in a small tank with heat lamp and water on one end, I tilted the tank so they could get out of the water . I know nothing about what to do. And I really cannot find info online for tiny ones!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I figured Turtle Mommy would chime in, too! Thanks for the links, Larkin. Good luck, Peggy, and please post pics of your newborns! Also, anything having to do with the outdoors and gardens goes well in this Forum. After all, turtles are aquatic life, too, and often make our ponds their homes ... maybe not by our choice, but they still do. :)

Reaction score
Yes if Turtle Mommy is onplease chime in! I have the little pond with no fish so if they get to big for my small tank can rehome there. But right now these little things are,the size of a quarter!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I vote with FishyLove! We want to see pics of the babes! The infant snappers that moved into my pond last fall (and I found them in the skimmer) were that same size! Very tiny, and everyone thought it was strange they hatched so late in the season, that they would never survive. One got out of the bucket in my house (compliments of my cat) and I found it I think 2 weeks later in my sump pump pit in the basement. Still have no idea if he migrated toward the water source, or if a cat carried him, but he was in perfect shape, no bit or chew marks on him at all. He went to LA, and then to a turtle breeder, so has a good home. He was named Houdini. :)

Ask a Question