HELP!!! I just can't figure this out!

janine9620

janine
Reaction score
Have a 900 gallon pond 30" deep, liner bottom. Man who set it up, (koi breeder) gave me a shower head intake just laying on the bottom, fed to a skimmer basket and then through sequence pump to an Ultima 2 bead filter. No pre filter made for alot of gunk getting through basket and jamming the pump. DIY'd a Skimmer/mid pond intake basket, which worked well if kept cleaned out, but the gunk that collected on the bottom was awful.... I should tell you I'm overstocked, and the fish just keep on having babies B), I rigged a retro yesterday from a roof flashing boot BD(ingenius I thought) cept it still will gunk the pump up, I need a catch basin settling type tank, but I'm going over the pond edge, so I can't gavity feed. I would love to figure a way to Make a cylinder column in the deepest part, opened to the bottom and sloted on top for skimming and an intake in the center. I'm planning on extending the pond asap, but money is the handicap there, so not sure when. Any suggestions that will keep me up and running for 6 mos or so? Water parameters are good, but I don't like my fishies swimmimg in all that stuff on the bottom :( thanks for your time , janine

Ask a Question