Help identify this pump?

Reaction score
Hi,

new to this forum and pretty new to ponds!
I was wondering if you good people could help identify this pump? I was given it by a friend who does not know what type it is either.
The labels have all come away so are no help.

Basically what i would like to know is what attachments do i need to actually use this pump?

If any one could help that would be great as i have been into a couple pet stores and can not seem to see what parts i would need to get it all up and running.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 210
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 225

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When you plug it in does it run? Don't know what brand but looks like all it needs is tubing that fits the output hole. Have you put it in water to see how far the water shoots out? If you are going to have a waterfall in your pond you need to know how high the water will go height wise or if you are just going to stick it in a pot in the pond w/ fiber material wrapped around it you could use it as a pump in a filter pot like I did for years. You have to pull it up out of the pond tho to clean the whole thing out now and then and that became a pain for me so took it out and now just use it for the falls. If you are just going to use it as circulation or for waterfall you will need a screen of some sort on the input or little fish will get sucked in. Putting it in a screened basket w/ a cover so that no fish can get in is a good idea also. You can make a hole in your basket or plastic pot for the output hose.

Reaction score
thats brilliant, didnt think about turning it into a filter. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I put holes all around the sides in the black big plastic plant pot I used to put the pump in and then lined the bottom and the sides w/ the thick plastic woven filter media. You wanna make sure the plastic media stuff is flush up against the side of the pot or basket so fish don't get sucked in those holes. Stuck the pump in the middle and ran a tube hooked to the output pipe and out the top w/ a slice in the top circle of tightly fitted media and a cut rounded area big enough for the tubing to fit through and the power cord also. I ran the long tubing to my waterfall but you don't have to do that. You can stick the pump in there w/o any tubing if your not having a waterfall. You could also just run a tube from the output to the other end of your pond down under the water as it helps push the gunk back to the filter end so you don't have dead areas that sit there w/ muck. Here is a photo of the size of media I used. I liked the green stuff better as the black clogged up quicker.
I also tied a rope to the sides of the pot so it would be easier to lift out of the pond to clean. Anchored the rope under a rock topside of the pond.

IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG

Reaction score
Shalom, I'm not expert, but it may be a Beckett, around 400gph (?), GPH ratings of pumps are at their discharge and are very nebuous, at best. a good rule of thumb is if you think you need 200gph, then get a pump that is rated at 400gph because they loose the rated volume, very quickly especially, in vertical height. The intake would have come with a strainer or possibily a foam filter. The size of the in/outlet would help identify it's GPH. As long as you have something to keep the impeller clean of debris, some very small solids may pass and you can feed a fountain head, run to a waterfall. the vertical lift may only be a few feet, or maybe both if the vertical lift is low.

You can always valve down the flow, but you can't increase it.

We're all presumning it does work, correct?

Hope this help, bit.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WelkomKnoflook.gif

Glad you joined! I use external pumps so I don't have to pull it out all of the time.

Reaction score
I am yet to test it personally but know it only came out of the pond a few weeks ago and was working then. Thanks again every one for your help, will post once its installed, hoping to do so this weekend.

Ask a Question