Help identifying plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Does anyone recognize this aquatic plant? Some details - It's perennial, but tender (does not overwinter outside in my current Zone 7a) Overwinters & thrives indoors as a house plant. I purchased it at a nursery over 15 years ago & it's been with me ever since, traveling from the Chicago suburbs to the rural mountains of western NC. Habit is mounding/trailing, & its stems will root in the ground if it creeps out of its pot or the pond. I generally keep it with the crown just above or at the water's surface. Flowers year round if brought in or kept indoors (we always keep a pot in out indoor 'pond' but also move a pot full outside for the summer) It's so dependable, I don't worry about losing & having to replace it, but... it just bothers me that I don't know what to call it other than "that yellow flowering thing". :sneaky:
water plant 01.jpg
water plant 02.jpg
water plant 03.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Maybe an oxeye? A trilobata of some kind I would guess...
OMG! That's it!!! Thank you! Like I said, I was never worried about 'losing' it, but it's been driving me crazy for the past decade or so that I had NO idea what this plant was. :ROFLMAO: Sphagneticola trilobata for the win!!

Ad

Advertisements

Jhn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice looking plant, like the flowers too.

Ask a Question