Help - inherited a Koi pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just inherited a house that has a 4000 gallon koi pond. I have no idea about any of it. I know I need to add salt somehow and stuff to kill algae and keep live off the fish but not sure when how much etc......it has a big tank that has air pump hooked to it and it bubbles when on and drains to the waterfall. It hasn't been treated in over a week and is very cloudy with green muck! Help I have been feeding skimming and cleaning out skimmer fish cone eat everyday!!!! Please any help at all??

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
OK. Sloooooow down. First off - 4000 gallons. Got it. How many fish? Do you have pictures of the filtration set up? Was it mucky a week ago or is this a new development?

And step one - stop feeding the fish until you get this squared away.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Congrats on the pond. Slow down and don't panic. You will get there eventually and be hooked like the rest of us. This forum has great people who are willing to help with any question. Its a learning process. I have had my pond for years and I am still learning. Post some pics.

Ask a Question