Help! Jebao UV Filter PF30 - Water Got into the UV Lighting

Reaction score
I've been running into a bit of some problems with my Jebao PF30 lately, first it was trying to buy the correct size replacement filter pads which they no longer sell, check the thread here.

Now, another problem arises, the water got into the UV lighting.
IMAG0469.jpg

There's an outer glass tube (the right glass tube as seen in the photo above), that protects the actual UV light (seen on the left). But water got inside the glass tube, and flooded the UV light.

Now, has anyone experienced this?

Any suggestion on what I should do? Replace the glass tube? UV light?

For the moment, I'm going to dry it out, and put it back in and see what happens.

Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly the glass tube isnt glass its crystal so be extra careful when handling and putting the U/V'C back together, try a spot of sylicone grease around the seals which should act as a extra barrier agaist water seepage .
I forgot to turn off the pump when I went to replace ours and we got water in our own so weve had experiance with this sort of thing it's important to make sure all the electrical fittings are dried off (just pay a hair dryer over the ends to make sure they are indeed dry) .
To dry your cyrstal tie a tea towl to a piece of string and gently pull it through this will ensure its dry inside .
If it still keeps leaking and its under waranty still take it back and get it replaced with a new one

Dave

Reaction score
Firstly the glass tube isnt glass its crystal so be extra careful when handling and putting the U/V'C back together, try a spot of sylicone grease around the seals which should act as a extra barrier agaist water seepage .
I forgot to turn off the pump when I went to replace ours and we got water in our own so weve had experiance with this sort of thing it's important to make sure all the electrical fittings are dried off (just pay a hair dryer over the ends to make sure they are indeed dry) .
To dry your cyrstal tie a tea towl to a piece of string and gently pull it through this will ensure its dry inside .
If it still keeps leaking and its under waranty still take it back and get it replaced with a new one

Dave
Thanks for your suggestion! I will try this.

Reaction score
I've been running into a bit of some problems with my Jebao PF30 lately, first it was trying to buy the correct size replacement filter pads which they no longer sell, check the thread here.

Now, another problem arises, the water got into the UV lighting.

Any suggestion on what I should do? Replace the glass tube? UV light?

Yep, throw that pressure filter away and build yourself a homemade filter.

Oh wait! We've been down this road before.
I'm sorry, but I've been through all this before years ago with my own pressure filter, in fact that is the experience of most people who have used them before . They just aren't very smart or efficient filter systems for a pond application. They are hard to clean and prone to leaking, and as you've already experienced, they are often hard to find propitiatory parts for.
Sooner or later you will see the light. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have the CF 10 13w UV filter from Jebao, The Sleeve is NOT supposed to be out? Mine is attached to the lid housing with adhesive, under the UV Window is where you unscrew it to change bulbs, the Sleeve is supposed to be water tight but yours i guess slid out? Sorry :/

Ask a Question