Help me find a connector

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'll be building a new pond in the spring. It will be 14" above ground and a total of 42" deep. 11' x 9'. I want to use a bog filter the entire length of the 9' side, 2' wide but above the pond and overhanging the pond by 1'. The above ground part of the pond and the bog will be wood with an EDPM liner inside. I've drawn a rudimentary picture of this. I want the pump hose to enter the bog underneath and then connect to the PVC pipe. Both hose and PVC pipe will be 1.25 ID. I can't figure out how to make a water tight seal through the wood and liner and also how to connect tubing to PVC. Someone else has to have done this, so please share the how.

Much thanks,

Debby
Connector.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bulked nut rubber washer epdm large enough hole drilled through the wood wall assuming plywood . for other half of bulked to fit inside and tighten to the inside the pond bulked. hard pipe buried into the hill side to hold the epdm in place that has no wood support at the penetration. hard pipe runs to the back of your bog elbow up to the bottom or side to the bog and nut to bulked that fits inside the hole cut out in the plywood epdm rubber washer and the bulked the hard pipe buried in the dirt will hold the epdm in place that's backed up with the bulked and nut. oh and I pushed your bog back so the pond is not buried by part of the bog

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the only part that needs to be water proof is the bulkhead .I use hose clamps to connect hose to pvc but it is open where I can get at it if it does come loose
100_4194.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most of the flex piping will except pvc glue as well you should switch to the blue pvc glue it's not as hot and will not melt the flex pipe but it will give you extra insurance for the hose clamp connection.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks, All. I've done interior plumbing but I was having trouble wrapping my head around this. I found the bulkhead fitting I need on line at HD.

Ask a Question