Help on building a waterfall.

Reaction score
Having some trouble building my waterfall. :banghead3:Can anyone point me in the right direction. I searched this forum found no info on this? Maybe someone knows a good step by step website? :100:

Reaction score
When planning a backyard waterfall construction project the first thing you should consider is the focal point of your pond.
Ask yourself these questions?
• Can I see the waterfall from my house?
• If you have a deck off of your home that you enjoy, can you see the waterfall from there?
• How well will it tie into the landscape that I already have?
Visual and audio effect are a big part of a successful waterfall! So let’s consider these points of interest. The sound that a backyard waterfall creates.
Sound is determined by a number of factors:
• Volume or flow of water
• Distance or height of the fall
• Surroundings of the waterfall
Keep everything in proportion: design
Don't overwhelm your pond.
• Know what you want from your creation.
• How intricate do you want to make your waterfall?
• Example: 1 or 2 or 3 tiers.
• Use of excess dirt taken from the excavation of your pond can be used to create a natural burm or hillside. This works better than a pile of rock-spewing water.
• Do not try to create Niagara Falls in a puddle or pre-formed pond.
Water flow
How much water flow is needed?
• Basic rule is that all waterfalls should have a minimum 100 gallons per hour for each inch of width.
• Example: for 10 inch wide falls, a 1,000 gallon per hour pump is required, for 20 inch wide falls, a 2,000 gallon pump, etc.

This might help:

http://pondlady.blogspot.com/2006/12/building-waterfall.html

Ask a Question