Help! Overdue pregnant koi!

Reaction score
:100: I have a very very pregnant koi in our pond and am growing concerned for her. one of our females already spawned and shed her eggs about 4-5 days ago, but we still have two pregnant females left in the pond. I am wondering how close together can fish spawn and what can be done for her. She doesn't move very much, usually staying at the surface of the water at the edge of the pond. Its ackward for her to swim because she is so distended. I'm hoping that she's not impacted because i went to the side of the pond to look at her, and i ran my finger over her belly (without applying any real pressure) and some eggs came out. I know that some breeders hand strip their koi, but i've never done it before and would rather do that only as a last resort.

Any advice would be appreciated :profile:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My females immediatley spawned after I added water hyacinth. They went crazy. It was like that is all they needed. Good luck.

Ask a Question