Help please...Filter design "challenge"...tub overflows

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I made a "modified Skippy Filter; I have a 2400 mag pump going into 100 gal rubbermaid tank via 1 1/4 tube....then out through a 1 1/2 line into a waterfall/filter into pond....Problem -- water comes over top of rubbermaid tank as well as waterfall.

Should I put in larger bulkhead, ie 3" or try another setup?

Thanks for any and all suggestions...Sharon

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
try a 2" outlet on the skippy and make sure nothing is obstructing its flow!!! but i have a feeling its the waterfall filter box causing the water backup into the skippy, makesure the skippys outlet is atleast a few inches higher than the waterfall box.

Reaction score
Thanks so much...I did not check to ensure the skippy outlet is higher than the WF box..I will get a 2" BK....should I put a 2" on the the WF Box (it is currently 11/2) also?

Thanks again...Sharon

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
When the water is just passing thru bigger is better,,,i use 2" everywere, if i need more outlet flow i use 2 2" bulkheads

Reaction score
Oldhead (love the handle) and DrCase...thank you for the suggestions/recommendations...will enlarge the BH and hope that will work.

Guess I should enlarge the BH on the WaterFall Box, also.

Thanks again....Cheers...Sharon

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
we're all glad to help sharon... why dont you do a inroduction thread up at the top of the forums page. give some info on you and your setup, where your located and such, it will bettrer enable everyone to answer your questions,,,and post some pix of your pond... we'd all love to see it.

Ask a Question