help please.. issue with water

Reaction score
Hi, I have an issue with my pond. It seems that everytime it rains i get a lot of runoff from a patch of soil directly under the stack of rocks where my waterfall is. I didnt have enough liner and did not know any better because thi is my first pond. Now i am desperatly seeking a way to get rid of the cloudiness caused by this dirt in my water. I have a 2400gph pump and filter with lava rocks. The amount of flow
is constantly moving the soil around that keeps landing inside so i was wondering If anybody knew of something that i could add to the water get rid of the dirt inside. p.s other than taking the entier pond and backyard fence apart since i live in an apartment and it backs to my neighbors there is no way for me to eliminate the area of soil that the pond overflows into. please help me

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum
The good thing is you live in a warm climate and you could just keep on working on your pond
Just remove all the rocks around the fall and buy a piece of liner to cover the dirt top to bottom around the fall
let it end inside the pond , then re stack the rocks
Its work but thats what its gona take

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomewintert7.gif
coug100
After you fix the problem like DrCase suggested you can take a plastic laundry basket or something similar and fill it w/ white fiberfill polyester stuff and place it under your falls and that way the cloudy dirty water will be finely filtered and help clear up the water.

Reaction score
As DrCase said would be the right fix. You might be able to fix the problem with grading, but without being on site it's impossible to tell.

To remove clay (cloudy) from water you have to do water changes. It will probably clear on its own but that can take days, weeks or months. Depends on the clay. Clay fine enough to suspend in water is much too fine to be removed with any fabric filter.

Ask a Question