Help - Price Point?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi community,

I have just picked up two Hozelock Bioforce Revolutions from my Nan's. My Grandad has been in hospital with COVID on a ventilator for 6 weeks and my Nan is unable to properly look after their garden pond.
They had £1000's worth of fish and because people take advantage of these situations she sold them to a neighbour for a mere £70.
I offered to take these filters and sell them because it's likely someone would try take advantage and buy these well below second hand value and it's not fair for this to happen to someone in serious financial difficulties.
Because I don't know the first thing about fish ponds I am seeking your advice on the a decent selling price for 2-off 1-year old Hozelock Bioforce Revolutions (1x 6000 and 1x 14000) in great condition, fully working.
Looking on Amazon today the 6000 sells for £237 and the 14000 sells for £345. Both brand new or course.

Thanks very much in advance.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello! That’s nice that you are looking out for your grandparents!

I have no idea how to help you, though. How old is this equipment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The equipment is 1 year old and in fully working condition. I'm conscious of underpricing it or overpricing it and noone being interested. I have no idea how much this stuff sells for and how much of a market there is for second hand filters?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1593031798723.gif
@FishFaceLee
I would go online and see how much a new one costs or go on Ebay and see what a used one goes for.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'd check on the platforms you typically use to sell used goods and see if anything similar is listed.

Best wishes to your grandparents!

Ask a Question