Help with babies!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Elaine and I am new to the site. We built a new pond this summer which is 14x20 and 9 feet deep. Everything is working very well and the fish are doing great. My PROBLEM is this: I had all our fish in our previous natural clay bottom pond which was 120x65 but as the summer goes on the pond dries up and I have to winter the fish indoors...hence the new deep pond. This year I have had babies. I had to pump the pond near dry (8") to catch the fish to move to the new home. Still have 3 to go.....gggggrrrrr....stubborn guys! Since I have near drained the pond I have discovered that instead of having a 100 or so babies, I have ALOT. They are in varying sizes and since the pond was so big they are growing fast. I have put some in the house in an aquarium and put countless in the new pond but I don't know what to do with the rest???? I am a real animal lover and it is breaking my heart as I know I cannot put them all in the new pond. I don't want to take them to the pet store or give them to my friends to be eaten by their pirrahna's. I am sure everyone has gone through this and I need to know how to deal with it. I know they will not winter over and I am having a hard time just letting them dry up. Can anyone give me some advise??? Thanks, I am losing sleep over this :-(

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I use Craigs list and they must be listed in the General section as adoptions, not for sale. You may ask an adoption fee. I get $3.00 each for small ones. I adopted out about 400 last year.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I use Craigs list and they must be listed in the General section as adoptions, not for sale. You may ask an adoption fee. I get $3.00 each for small ones. I adopted out about 400 last year.

Wow! Not bad! The koi paid for their own room and board last year....LOL!:goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

Ask a Question