Help with landscaping

Reaction score
Hello everyone.I am trying to cover my ugly propane tank but my gift is not in landscaping so I thought I would ask my pond buddies for some help. I am in zone 5,that area is full sun and I love weird looking tree's such as weeping norway spruce and blue atlas cedar.Any suggestions would be wonderful thanks Amber

Attachments

• IMG_7162.jpg
    IMG_7162.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 267

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You could build a trellis of some sort and allow sun loving vines w/ pretty blooms to grow on it and you could put a nice bench in front of the trellis w/ some stepping stones to and from.
You could put a picket fence around part of it and plant a garden of flowers in front.
If you are artistic and it is your own tank and not a leased one then check this out but only paint w/ light colors as they will reflect the heat. Dark colors or matte paints that are not manufacturer-approved can cause the tank to retain more heat than is wise; increased heat can cause the tank pressure to go up and the safety relief valve to open unexpectedly.

http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/arttanks/artistictanks.html

Oh and I just found this site w/ pics of ideas:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7846555_hide-propane-tank-yard.html

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
nice post jw! we don't have one to hide, but might some day

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas,the trellis idea seems like something I could do and the tank is leased and I am not artistic at all so that is out :( I was thinking of using tree's but I just want to make it look good.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Get some ornamental grasses and plant them around it you will have to cut them down once a year, you do this in february that way it will give your area some charachter throughout the winter. Choose some that will get tall enough to cover it they come in all sizes. Then get a evergreen bush that won't get any taller than 30" this will give it color throughout the year and especially in the winter and offer a contrast against the brown grasses. You could then choose to put a knockout rose bush for color throughout the summer. In front of these you could put some perenials of whatever you like but try to get some that bloom at different times of year so as to offer color throughout the year. Then in a year or two you could split the grasses and perennials and put them elsewhere in your yard.

Ask a Question