Help with rehoming koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I bought a house that came with a koi pond. It's very pretty, but it's not for me. I'll do my best to keep the koi happy and healthy for as long as it takes to find them new homes, but they deserve to be with someone competent.

I didn't see anything promising on my local craigslist. If I can sell my fish, that'd be great, but my chief concern is making sure the fish are in good hands. I'd be happy to give them away to a farm sanctuary or to hobbyists.

There's one large koi, several small/medium koi, and several minnows--less than twenty altogether.

Suggestions welcome.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Is there a pond supply store near you? If not you might try a local Garden Center. Sometimes they have bulletin boards for public use. Or check on the existence of a local Goldfish or Koi club.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I used craigslist to get rid of my baby goldfish last year. Also Pet Supplies Plus has a bulletin board that you can post your fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks for the ideas. It's pretty rural out here, but it looks like I'll be able to send the fish to live at an animal haven in the next county. I appreciate the help!

Ask a Question