Help worms in my filter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jmize, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Jmize

Jmize

So im new to ponds. Description of my pond on profile. The setup is only several months old.
    I was cleaning my filter and down in the bottom with the bags of media or whatever its called i noticed what looked like little red worms and also looked like some in the next to last and the last filter. Ive had a little problem with i assume stringy algae in the water so every week or other week i clean the filter. I had just put fresh water in my bucket to wash the bags of media. I know use pond water. I have well water. Anyway it looks like red worms in with the media, i thought the heat was getting to me. Then i seen a little red worm wiggling around near the top of the bucket. Best way i can describe them is movement like a larva, red, less than .5in long only see them in the filter. I had a pic but accidently deleted it. What are these worms? Why? Should i be concerned?

Jmize, Jun 17, 2017
    Mmathis likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Jmize

Mmathis TurtleMommy

Welcome! Those are perfectly normal to find, and you can even feed them to your fish!

Mmathis, Jun 17, 2017
    MitchM likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Jmize

DutchMuch Lord Of The Aquascapes!

healthy blood worms sounds like.

DutchMuch, Jun 17, 2017
    MitchM likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question