Help!!!

Reaction score
i just go an all black butterfly koi and its its tail fin broke

will this grow back and is there anything special i should do besides keep the water clean

its still eating by the way

Reaction score
Depends on where the fin broke! weather it will regrow or not. maybe a dip in melafix It seems to speed up the healing. Follow the directions EXACTLY.

Reaction score
this is the whole fish
coast2coast7390

this is the tail
coast2coast7390

you can kinda see that the top half is gone but there is still some left like an inch

ill try to get a better picture later

Reaction score
Hummm if part is gone and the rest is split it could be sutured. If it is not split all the way to the body it may regrow. This is a good ? for koivet.com. If it were mine i would keep it QT and see if it regrows. This would help keep it from taring it further.

Reaction score
I have a shubunkin that its tail rotted off clear to the tail tube. I dipped its tail in a melafix bath once a day for 5 days then kept it in its own tank. Clean water changes every 3 days. Today you cannot tell that it was ever gone. "Time" It takes time for tis healing process to happen. This was in August 2008.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
We are not mind readers! Ask specific questions...

Only juvinille fish are transluscent. Once they start establishing color any growth will be the same color the fish is.

Reaction score
when should i put it back in the pond...should i wait till winter is over and leave it in the heated tank for the winter...or should i wait till it grow backs completely

Ask a Question