Help

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me last week i was hospitalized & my large kois spawned in my pond as my wife saw them for 3 days going @ it ! is their anything i can do to save the fry as i can not see them @ all the sunn is blocked out a bit from having plastic lattace pannels over the top of our pond Will they be swimmers yet ! Sorry for the selling !
Greg In BAMA:bowdown:

P/S half blind too LOL

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
How many days ago did they spawn? Fry hatch in about 5 days and become free swimming about two to three days behind that. The eggs in most cases need to be seperated from the larger fish or they eat them very quickly.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
If you have some hiding area for the fry to hide in you sould have a few survive. Thats how it worked for me last year. I didn't even relize they had spawned untill I was doing some maintanance and noticed them poking out from a rock area. Ended up with four. This year I put my spawning mops in and was able to save a bunch more. I count almost 20 this year that have survived.

Ask a Question