Here it comes...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
I felt the first tinges of Fall in the air this morning on my way to work. Another season coming to a close, but I did get a couple really nice iris bulbs this weekend (one is black and very pale lavender, with veins if purple running through; the other is a golden orange and cream colored; both are bearded). Next Spring before everything starts growing, I have to do some serious trimming on the lizard-tail, but otherwise the rest of the plants were much better controlled this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
All the leaves here are still green, except for my sumac trees. I don't know why they do this, but sumacs are multi-coloured starting mid June around here. I call them traffic light trees because for most of the summer, there's always some yellow and red leaves mixed in with all the green. Tomorrow, they're calling it to be the hottest day of our non-summer. It's supposed to hit 30*. My ash trees usually start to go golden around mid September.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I feel it in the mornings and the nights coming closer but daytime here has still been pretty summery. Sure gonna miss my summer!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We've got leaves beginning to change here but the temps are hotter/more humid than they've been all summer.

Ask a Question