Heres something for us to chuckle about today.. How would YOU answer this persons question?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not trying to be mean, but I just saw this posted on FB….. Maybe this poor person should have asked for help BEFORE he/she did the installation!
5E953282-945F-42CF-8F42-1EA10F8BA4CD.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd tell them to either get a new liner and DON'T cut into it (letting the piping go over top instead) or learn how to seam hdrpe. I think a lot of this is inexperience fueling some MORE awful ideas. Can't say I'd have been able to easily tell someone how to fix this when I first started my pond. Hopefully you artfully directed them to GPF and some wiser folks!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@brokensword No, normally I would have said something about GPF, but there were some negative comments regarding bogs, and I wasn’t sure if it would reach the correct audience. I got the impression that the person wasn’t in “the right place” to accept THAT kind of advice. EDIT: Actually, I found the post again, and most of the more recent replies weren’t aimed at bogs, but at correct construction methods and using a proper liner. Finally, the sensible folks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
And all this time I thought what was on the net was reliable. Next thing, someone will share is that ponds need lots of salt to keep the fish and plants happy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Tell them to patch the worked area put a patch over the whole area close it all up . then get w bulked fitting ones for liners that have rubber gaskets and nuts so as you tighten it squeezes the washer and seals the opening for the pipe. get threaded female and that way you can get a plug thread it in to test the penetration's

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD Several people answered to that effect. I think the OP is clueless…..and too much of a newbie to know any different…..
That describes 75 % unfortunately.
I truely can't believe this hobby is not much much much more popular then it is . I would have to venture people are just a tad lazier then needed to be. I think in 4 years now I have seen many a rebuild . But only 3 tear downs. I don't have to tell anyone hear how rewarding it is.

Ask a Question